qpopper

Shaun Amott shaun at inerd.com
Sat May 13 02:26:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 04:36:41PM -0700, Doug Hardie wrote:

> Is there someone actively maintaining the qpopper port?  The mail
> address associated with the port doesn't give much hope.  Qualcomm
> now lists qpopper as legacy software.  Its not even directly
> accessible (at least as far as I can find).  Is there any indication
> they plan to do any maintenance?  They never incorporated the patches
> for maildir or for fixing the homedir issues.  They did try the
> latter in 4.0.8, but only incoporated a configuration switch.  That
> switch is never checked in the code.

The port is assigned to the default ports@ address (pointed at this
list), so it is currently not maintained.

There does however appear to be a newer version[1] available.

[1] http://core.ring.gr.jp/archives/net/mail/qpopper/qpopper4.0.9.tar.gz

--
Shaun Amott [ PGP: 0x6B387A9A ]
    Scientia Est Potentia.