FreeBSD Port: phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Fri May 12 16:41:32 UTC 2006

I did this as per your post

Run pkg_delete php5-5.1.2_1 and then reinstall it from the lang/php5
port, but make sure you make config first to add in the Apache
module.

# /usr/ports/lang/php5 >make install clean
===>  php5-5.1.4 is marked as broken: Unknown AUTOCONF version: 259.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
# /usr/ports/lang/php5 >

What now???

How is a normal port user suppose to know to do make config  to set
options first?
This should just pop up in persons face on make install.

Its like someone when out of their way to make this harder to use on
purpose.
What were they thinking????