FreeBSD Port: phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Fri May 12 15:18:17 UTC 2006

fbsd wrote:
> Ok James here is the log of what I did following your
instructions.
> I ran the pkg for php5 & mysql5 then port phpMyAdmin
>
> pkg_add -rv php5
> pkg_add -rv mysql50-server
>
> mysql-client-5.0.18_1 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
> mysql-server-5.0.18_2 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
> php5-5.1.2_1          PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and
CLI)

> # /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin >make install clean
>
> You may use the following additional build option:
>
>     WITH_SUPHP=yes   Install appropriately for use with
>                      the www/suphp port [default: no]
>
> Note that selecting the MYSQLI option will only work
> with PHP5 and MySQL 4.1.x
> This port requires the Apache Module or the CGI version of PHP,
but
> you have
> already installed a PHP port without them.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
> # /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin >
>

> Installing php5 and mysql5 first does not work like you say.

Ah, yes. The modern php5 (php5-5.1.4) defaults to no apache module.
So
if packages are compiled with the default options, that'd be why.

There has been some discussion elsewhere on this list on that topic,
specifically questioning the wisdom in not providing that by
default.

Still, I'd be *stunned* if there weren't an apache-ready php5
package
available, irrespective of the ports defaults.

--
Spadge
"Intoccabile"