FreeBSD Port: phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Fri May 12 12:28:56 UTC 2006

As I plainly stated in my original post

"THE PKG VERSION INSTALLS OLDER VERSIONS OF PHP4 & MYSQL4
PLUS THE PDFLIB DEPENDANT IS MARKED AS BROKEN WHICH CAUSES
THE PKG VERSION OF PHPMYADMIN NOT TO WORK.

I am a normal non-technical user of the ports system.
As documented in the handbook I expect the port to
offer chooses during the install for add on software
or what versions of dependants to select.

No where does it say the versions of port dependants
can be selected by pre-installing the version of
the dependant ports you want?

Also the handbook does not say that pkg installs and
port installs can not be used together. I find what you
posted is not true. I installed the mysql5 & php5 packages
and then because the phpMyAdmin pkg would no accept them
I tried the phpMyAdmin port and it said that mysql & php
port were not installed when they really where as packages.

As I stated before, the port version of phpMyAdmin behaves
like it only checks the /usr/ports directory tree to determine
if dependants are all ready installed instead of checking the
pkg_info database like other ports do.
What about addressing this bug?

I am at a lose to understand why all the replies to this
post beat around the bush with unclear replies and
ignoring the basic questions asked in the org post.

What is wrong with just saying the phpMyAdmin port and pkg
will be fixed in x number of days and that I will receive
an email informing me when they are ready to be used?

Is the phpMyAdmin port & pkg going to be fixed so it
functions like the handbook says things should work???????

If the official maintainer of record of this port does not want
to address these problems I reported then can someone else be
assigned as the official maintainer so these problems get
addressed in a timely manner?