X.Org 7.0 port?

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Wed May 10 21:08:37 UTC 2006

середа 10 травень 2006 16:14, Mark Linimon написав:

> 2. You have ignored the point that kris and I and anholt are trying to
>    make, that he is not obligated to fix your problem.

Rather, you have ignored my response to this accusation. I'll repeat:

The obligation exists. I can't quite express it, but it is the same
obligation, that keeps everyone working on their bits and pieces of the
project, respond to requests for help, follow-up on PRs... One can not take
such obligation to court (luckily), but it still exists.

I guess, this piece of "common sense" is not so common, so I'll refer you to
Saint-Exupery: "You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

> It's fair to say "xyz doesn't work". It isn't fair to say "abc _must_
> fix xyz".  This model simply does not work with volunteers.

Even volunteers _must_ sometimes work on the unpleasant stuff to keep their
project relevant... Pointing this out to them explicitly is usually a bad
form, of course, but in this case the suggestion was solicited (that you were
joking was not at all obvious).

Anyway, how about "_should_"?

	-mi