New version of portmaster available for testing

freebsd at auscert.org.au freebsd at auscert.org.au
Wed May 10 06:00:13 UTC 2006

Hi Doug,

On Mon, 08 May 2006 15:05:18 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I have been following the various discussions and feature requests regarding
>sysutils/portmaster. I have a new version that I would appreciate testing
>and feedback on. It has the following changes:

I'm going to try portmaster out - this is the first time I was even aware
it existed!

You may have read my recent message about portmanager wrt packages, if so
I'm sure you'll be able to guess my feature request: can portmaster be
made to reproduce 'portupgrade -aPP'? A shell script that means I don't
need ruby installed (ideally, I don't even want the ports tree to be
required, just /usr/ports/packages/All) on a minimal host sounds like just
the thing I need.

regards,
joel

-- Joel Hatton --
Infrastructure Manager              | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au