X.Org 7.0 port?

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Mon May 8 14:28:48 UTC 2006

п'ятниця 05 травень 2006 19:36, Eric Anholt написав:
> Your email makes me nothing but angry [...]

???

> You're also totally wrong about us porting something with no difference
> from 6.9.

This was not my assertion. I took it from Lyndon Nerenberg's post
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=486657+0+archive/2006/freebsd-ports/20060507.freebsd-ports

	"Nobody in their right mind is going to expend the hours required
	 to port this for no net gain."

and Mark Linimon's (partial) confirmation in:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=503047+0+archive/2006/freebsd-ports/20060507.freebsd-ports

	"As other posters have pointed out, ATM there would be no net gain."

If it were simply my being "totally wrong" that angered you, you'd be flaming
these two gentlemen even harder...

> But let me say, your email sure reduces my motivation to help out
> towards getting a fixed system in place.

Actually, I'd rather you did not say this blackmail... You posted a good
clarification of what you are doing. Unfortunately, Kris -- and now you --
have turned the thread from what, if anything, can/should/must be done about
x11 ports to whether or not any criticism is allowed...

Yours,

	-mi