gnash w/ 6.x crashes X?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun May 7 17:44:03 UTC 2006

I just installed the gnash port (GNUs answer to flash), but whenever I try
and run a .swf file, or access a web site with flash, my X goes ... weird.

Mainly, it pops out of graphics mode, shows me a bunch of text on the
screen, but it doesn't actually *crash* X ... I have to login from a
remote machine and manually kill off my processes, and then I can start
running again ...

Has anyone else experienced this?  I *just* thought about it, and I'm
running the nvidia driver ... will try disabling that and see if that
fixes the problem or not ...

----