net/nss_ldap port update.

Artem Kazakov kazakov at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:45:05 UTC 2006

Hello all!

I extended net/nss_ldap port functionality a little.
Now it is possible to use ldap as source for hosts database.
Only gethosbyname, gethostbyname2, gethostbyaddr are implemented.
But it seems sufficient for most cases I think.

Patch file is attached.

Cheers,
Artem Kazakov.

PS. There are some "strange" lines in the original
nss_ldap/files/bsdnss.c
for example:
{ NSDB_PASSWD, "endpwent",   __nss_compat_setpwent,
_nss_ldap_setpwent },
  { NSDB_PASSWD, "setpwent",   __nss_compat_endpwent,
_nss_ldap_endpwent },

Shouldn't it be like that? :
{ NSDB_PASSWD, "setpwent",   __nss_compat_setpwent,
_nss_ldap_setpwent },
  { NSDB_PASSWD, "endpwent",   __nss_compat_endpwent,
_nss_ldap_endpwent },

I have not noticed any difference in behavior when I change this, so I
did not include that fix to my patch. But can anyone explain if it is a
mistake or not?

setgrent/endgrent are also mixed as in example.