makeztxt is very outdated

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon May 1 10:52:58 UTC 2006

 [ please don't top-post ]

On Mon, 1 May 2006 03:27:07 -0700
"Andreas Eriksson" <andreas.eriksson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Again, please CC replies to me, since I'm not subscribed.
>
> On 5/1/06, Andreas Eriksson <andreas at tpwch.com> wrote:
> > The makeztxt program used to convert text files onto ztxt files
> > (readable by the palm os book reader weasel @ gutenpalm.sf.net, which
> > is where makeztxt is hosted too) is pretty outdated. The version in
> > ports (1.43) is from March 2002, and the newest version (1.60) is from
> > August 2003.

 [  ... ]

> > I'm sending this here since the port doesn't have a maintainer.
> > I'm new to the FreeBSD port system (but not to patching and Makefiles
> > iin general) so it would probably be best if someone else took care of
> > this, however, if no one is willing to I'll go read up on the port
> > system and fix it myself, and submit the changes here.

The port is not maintained, maybe you could pick up maintainership
since you are interested in it ? I'll submit an update in 1/2 hour, but
I have no desire to maintain it, since I don't use it.

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

BOFH excuse #198:
Post-it Note Sludge leaked into the monitor