Port install failure with pkg_add...

kironsky at grisoft.cz kironsky at grisoft.cz
Thu Mar 30 19:18:28 UTC 2006

Hi!

I hope, I choose the right mailing-list. I have a problem installing the
openoffice.org port prom packages-7-current/Latest. I run pkg_add -r
openoffice.org and get the following error:

Cannot restore extended attributes in this system: Inappropriate file type
or format

I get the same error, if I want to compile the openoffice port from the
sources. It gets to gcc-ooo and then I get this error while installing
sysutils.h. I have FreeBSD-current, i downloaded the whole /usr/src dir from
the cvs and recompiled kernel and world 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is
the result of a bad tar version. Other ports like wine or ORBit build
without any problem, but I did'nt try installing them from packages. Would
really appreciate some help. If this is not the right mailing list, then I
apologies and please redirect me to the right list. Thank you,

Elod Kironsky