portinstall question

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:12:19 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, David J Brooks <daeg at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 March 2006 01:03, Ashok Shrestha wrote:
> > 1)
> > The problem is that once in a while it'll come across a port that
> > requires user input. So I always OK the default configurations at the
> > blue screen. Is there a way to get portinstall to accept the default
> > configurations without user intervention? I tried '--yes' option but
> > that didn't work.
>
> you can do 'make config-recursive' in /usr/ports/x11/kde3. That will let you
> set the configurations on all of the dependencies at one shot.

Actually, this may not be one shot.  The first time you use 'make
config-recursive' it may bring in an optional dependancy that uses a
dialog box.  'make config-recursive' is not smart enough to check the
new optional dependancy.  Running 'make config-recursive' a second
time will bring up the dialog boxes for theses new dependancies.

So you just need to repeatedly run 'make config-recursive' until no
new dialog boxes are displayed.

Then after this, you won't have a problem, unless you remove /var/db/ports.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.