mutually exclusive OPTIONS?

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 30 08:06:57 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 11:44:52PM +0200, Danny Pansters wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm making a port that has several mutually exclusive compile-time options. I
> want to present them as OPTIONS as should, but is there a way within the
> ports framework to ensure that only one (of the 5 possibilities) is selected,
> or when one of them is the default but then with 4 mutually exclusive OPTIONS
> if the user needs one of teh non-default options?

To save some typing try to concatenate WITH_OPTION1 WITH_OPTION2 and so
on and see if the resulting string is empty (no options selected), true
(exactly one selected), truetrue (two were selected) truetruetrue (three
options were selected)... etc

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra