printing from acroread 7

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:12:45 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 23:22, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 17:03 -0600, Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
> > OK, Maybe you can explain to me what this line in the Makefile
> > means, and why it has prevented me from doing anything with
> > acroread7. Things such as 'portupgrade -rRv acroread7' or 'make
> > install'  all result in a message stating that this is an
> > interactive port and I have to go to Adobe and fill out the
> > redistribution form. which Adobe refused to accept as I'm not a big
> > business.
>
> Look at the bottom of the Adobe page.  See the "Individual users"
> heading?  Try that.

Hello Frank,

Thank you for trying to help. Your suggestion downloads
AdobeReader_enu-7.0.5-1.i386.tar.gz, I think I want the 7.0.1-1
version. I finally ended up with everything I could find, put it in
distfiles, also in distfiles/acroread and as far as I can tell, I
cannot get past the message "this is an interactive port" error1 - not
exactly the message but it gives you the idea. I then blew everything
off and started over, same thing. I think there is a document that I
need to agree to that is just not there, I know it used to be for older
versions.

I've decided, in the interest of getting on with other things like xpdf,
kpf, gpdf, ghostview will do what I want. therefore, except for the
port acroread7, everything acroread is deinstalled. At  some time later
I'll try it again.

Thank you again.

Don