databases/postgresql81-server - dangerous init script

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Tue Mar 28 19:51:47 UTC 2006

Brooks Davis wrote:
> It's of limited use.  We initially used it for sourcing rc.conf
> vi /etc/rc.d/rcconf.sh and for supporting /etc/rc.early via
> /etc/rc.d/early.sh.  The rc.conf stuff is now in /etc/rc and I think
> we should just kill off /etc/rc.early support since it's basicly
> pointless (just drop the script in /etc/rc.d with the right
> variables).

I've been following this thread, sort of, and have a question.

the new gmirror code and manpage suggest using /etc/rc.early and
/etc/rc.local to change the balance algorithm to allow system dumps
on gmirror'd devices.

Could someone more familiar with rcNG re-write the suggestions taking
the above into account?

Thanks,
LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893