portupgrade MAKE_ARGS inheritance bug

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sun Mar 26 23:33:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 20:15, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> If MAKE_ARGS is set for a port and you try to portinstall
> it for example, then the same MAKE_ARGS are used
> for the ports installed as dependencies.
>
> In my case I have this in my pkgtools.conf:
> MAKE_ARGS = {
>     'mldonkey*' => [
>       'CONFIGURE_ARGS="--disable-gnutella"',
>     ],
>   }
>
> When I tried to install mldonkey, portupgrade tried to
> install ocaml with the same CONFIGURE_ARGS. It
> failed. I had to install it separately.

I presume it's because portupgrade/portinstall built  mldonkey, and the ports
system itself built ocaml as a missing dependency (I think it's a build
dependency in this case).

It only happens the first time, on upgrades,  ocaml will be in the package
database, and and will be upgraded by portupgrade with it's own configured
options.