Startup at boot problem

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Sat Mar 25 00:02:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, March 24, 2006 3:47 pm, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:03:59 +1100 Sam Lawrance
> <lawrance at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>> I solved the problem by using the full path in the script.
>>> Originally it had "exec tclsh8.4".  I patched it to have "exec
>>> /usr/ local/bin/tclsh8.4", and it starts fine on boot now.
>>> Obviously PATH didn't have /usr/local/bin in it at the time the
>>> script was being initiated.

>> I'm not sure you do understand what it means.  Is there an rc with
>> a "PROVIDE: tclsh8.4" line to match your REQUIRE?

> Maybe I don't.  I *thought* PROVIDE: used ${name}, as in the name of
> the daemon or script.  Is that incorrect?

rcorder parses the rc scripts under /etc/rc.d and /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
 It checks the PROVIDE: lines to make a list of all the services these
scripts provide.  Then it checks the REQUIRE: lines and orders all the
scripts accordingly.

Which means, the only values you can use in REQUIRE: lines are those
that are already listed in a PROVIDE: line somewhere.

I'm willing to bet there are no scripts on your (or any) system that
have "PROVIDE: tclsh8.4" in them.

IOW, if there's no script that PROVIDEs a service, then no other
script can REQUIRE it.

----
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net