Suggested port: open source Xara Xtreme

Vasil Dimov vd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 21 14:52:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 03:20:58PM +0100, pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Vasil;
>
> --- Vasil Dimov <vd at FreeBSD.org> ha scritto:
> > >
> > >      http://www.xaraxtreme.org/
> > >
> > Looks great, but look at the following:
> >

> Thanks for trying it doesn't look easy or small task.
>
> Did you notice the requisites say you have to use a gcc > 3.4 ?? It also wants
> wxWidgets 2.6.3-RC2 (2.6.3 is not yet released) and a quick look at Freshports
> says we don't have it yet.
Yes, I am trying to compile with the 6.0 stock compiler (3.4.4). I also
modified x11-toolkits/wxgtk26-unicode, x11-toolkits/wxgtk26 and
x11-toolkits/wxgtk26-common so that they install 2.6.3-rc2

In spite of the scary errors I continued hacking and hit some serious
issue: they use a function malloc_usable_size() which is defined like
this on linux, but unavailable for FreeBSD:

/* Report the number of usable allocated bytes associated with allocated
   chunk __ptr. */
extern size_t malloc_usable_size __MALLOC_P ((__malloc_ptr_t __ptr));

Any ideas for alternatives?

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv

Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra