[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD Port: kmymoney2-0.7.5_2

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 20 08:23:25 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 2:59 am, Anthony M. Agelastos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently installed kmymoney2 and cannot access the help files.
> It requires khelpcenter. I cannot find this port, so I assume it is
> part of another KDE port (kdebase perhaps). Since I would prefer to
> have as little of KDE installed as possible, would you happen to know
> which port I need to install to have access to kmymoney2's help
> files? Thank you for your assistance.

If you don't want to install kdebase, your best bet is probably to read the
documentation online at kmymoney2.sf.net (or download it in PDF format from
there). Background:

I was going to suggest using "help:/kmymoney" in konqueror, but if you don't
have kdebase, that's out. The next suggestion would have been viewing the
HTML directly from /usr/local/share/doc/HTML/<lang>/<app>, which will work to
some extent, except that the HTML there will only work fully in KDE apps
(because it uses "help:/" type links). So that just leaves reading online.

My personal recommendation would be to install kdebase, and get all the
advantages that go with it, but I suppose you have your reasons for not
wanting to do that.

Regards,
Philip