sabnzbd port missing

_-_ Daniel _-_ nefar at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 19 07:47:36 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wesley Shields" <wxs at csh.rit.edu>
To: "Daniel" <nefar at hotmail.com>
Cc: <ports at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: sabnzbd port missing

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:43:46AM -0800, Daniel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed there is no port for sabnzbd
>> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbd/).
>>
>> What's involved in becoming a port maintainer? I would like to see a port
>> for this, but if
>> no one else is willing to do it, I can possibly do it. Please let me know
>> how to go about this, and what
>> the requirements are.
>>
>> -d
>
> The Porter's Handbook[1] has all the information you need.  If you come
> across a particular problem feel free to ask here if it's not covered
> there.
>
> Also, further information is available by reading Mk/bsd.port.mk.
>
> -- WXS
>
> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

Ok, with some trials and tribulations I have two ports in submitted. Turns
out the maintainer of sabnzbd released a new version of the software
sometime today (same day I submitted the port) so I had to make an update
the very same day I posted the new port. Whee.

Hopefully now that I know the ins and outs of the make files, maintaining
the ports will require less effort. (I hope I don't continously have to
patch files which don't get installed correctly when PREFIX is defined).

Thanks for everyone's help who responded.

-d