lang/gcc41 - linking issues

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Sat Mar 18 10:28:16 UTC 2006

I have further reports to make about the gcc41 port. It seems that the
latest build links binaries to libraries in
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd6.1/4.1.1/ , because of this I
have to run

# ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd6.1/4.1.1/

after every boot to make all applications built by gcc41 run again. I
know I could fix this with a couple of symlinks or entries in
/etc/libmap.conf, but the real trouble is that all ports built with
gcc41 will be broken if I deinstall gcc41. I don't think this is the way
it is supposed to be. I did not have such troubles with previous builds.

This behaviour is independent from weather I build gcc41 with libjava or
without.