cvsup - TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection closed

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 09:13:50 UTC 2006

When using cvsup to update my sources over a wireless connection I often
get the error message:

TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection closed

after a couple of seconds. This doesn't occur when I am connected
through a cable ethernet device.

The only way to reliably download the latest sources over a wireless
connection is to wipe out my /usr/src . Cvsup will download all sources
without problems in this case, but of course, this doesn't look like a
desireable solution.

In general it looks like cvsup is less likely to fail the more my
sources differ from the latest sources (I'm tracking Releng_6). If I
don't update my sources for 4 weeks there is a chance that the error
will not occur.