Example of a port that relies on another port's sources

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 13:41:58 UTC 2006

Dear ports list,

I seem to remember a while back a discussion in the Porter's Handbook about
having port X depend on the sources from port Y for building, and triggering
automatic extraction of those sources.  However I can't see any mention of
such a thing in the currently available version of the Porter's Handbook.

Can anyone point me towards an example of such a thing?  This is for a local
company-internal piece of porting, not anything that will go into the FreeBSD
ports tree, so I'm not too concerned if it's against policy nowadays.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard