php-cli and php-cgi

Uroš Gruber uros.gruber at vizija.si
Mon Mar 13 10:33:48 UTC 2006

Jo Rhett wrote:
>> On Tue, February 7, 2006 20:38, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>
>>> What conflict? If you want the apache module and cli use
>>> /usr/ports/lang/php5 .
>>>

> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 11:03:08PM +0100, Uro?? Gruber wrote:
>
>> Can you please read the subject.
>>

> Could you read the ports UPDATING file?
>
> The two ports you've named are just-the-one version, so of course they
> conflict.  lang/php5 includes both functionality.  Read the makefiles too.
>
> And don't be rude to the people who clue you in.  Take a look at what they
> indicated before you smart off at them.

I'm not being rude. I just pointed that I'm using cgi and cli (not mod
as he refer). I've read UPDATING
and if you're talking about 2004 when port is split to php-extension
etc. I think this is not the case.

btw

.if ${PHP_SAPI} == "cgi" || ${PHP_SAPI} == "mod"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--disable-cli
.endif

 From Makefile you can see that if I use cgi then cli is disabled. If
you manualy build from source I see no limitation of using both of them.

The main problem I see it that in both cases bsd install script copy cli
and cgi file as php. Also with php.ini. I would be better to install
php-cli or just php and for cgi php-cgi. And also install separate
php.ini files.

I hope port maintainer can make this changes because I'm not so good
about port scripting.

For the moment I just make cgi version and copy it manually. But I think
with small changes this could be done automatically.

regards

Uros