security/dirmngr: install issue on 6.1-PRERELEASE

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 12 19:27:45 UTC 2006

  Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:48:16 +0000
> Roman Bogorodskiy <novel at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > > 	I made a patch to fix this issue.  But I don't know that
> > > 	this patch is ok.  Because I don't know which texinfo's version
> > > 	is expected:-(.  And maybe I think, /usr/ports/UPDATING should
> > > 	be updated(pkg_delete texinfo-4.8_3).
> > Well, that was done because texinfo that comes with FreeBSD 5.x and 4.x
> > are too old and building docs fails with it. Texinfo from 6.x seems to
> > be OK, yes, though it's better to check it.
>
> 	Hi novel.
> 	Please, please:-).

It builds OK on both 5.x, 6.x and 7.x. I don't quite understand what
problems bring using texinfo from ports, so the question is: does it
worth committing during the freeze?

> 	Hi lofi.
> 	Well, I found a essential typo in security/dirmngr.  It causes
> 	this issue.  I think that following patch should be applied.
> 	However, in already installed environment, make reinstall will
> 	be failed.
>
> 	# cd /usr/ports/security/dirmngr
> 	# make deinstall  (remove current dirmngr)
> 	# make install    (install new dirmngr applied following patch)
> 		:
> 	install-info --quiet /usr/local/info/dirmngr.info /usr/local/info/dir
> 	install-info: menu item `dirmngr-client' already exists, for file `gnupg'
> 	# fgrep dirmngr /usr/local/info/dir
> 	* dirmngr: (gnupg).        X.509 CRL and OCSP server.
> 	* dirmngr-client: (gnupg). X.509 CRL and OCSP client.
>
> 	Because I consider that above description in /usr/local/info/dir
> 	should be manually removed by hand, so annouce this thing on
> 	/usr/ports/UPDATING.  How about do you think?

Roman Bogorodskiy