Unable to build or update vcdimager

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Mar 12 09:17:49 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:29:36PM -0800 I heard the voice of
Ade Lovett, and lo! it spake thus:

> Since libtool has precisely nothing to do with texinfo files, I'm
> curious as to how you came to this co-incidental guess.  libtool is
> merely a wrapper around compiling and linking executable code and
> libraries.  Nothing more, nothing less.

In that it's the only relatively major structural change in ports I'm
aware of recently, and I had the same problem with 2 seemingly
unrelated ports at the same time (earlier today, in fact) after
pulling myself across that boundary, both of which use libtool.  I
have only the vaguest clue what libtool actually does; the two just
seemed to come about at the same time.  I've never seen the info
errors before either, and I've built both ports before.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net