help with mplayer port

mr.e at pronko.com mr.e at pronko.com
Sat Mar 11 01:28:42 UTC 2006

Hello,

I was wondering if you might be able to offer some assistance in
installing the mplayer port for FreeBSD.  I have tried the current version
from cvsup, as well as several older ports (MPlayer-1.0pre7,
MPlayer-1.0pre5) and I am receiving some consistent errors.  This leads me
to believe it might actually be something else wrong, but I can't
speculate as to what that might be.

My system:

FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
XFree86 Version 4.5.0

All of the errors I am receiving appear to be in the vo_dga.c file under
work/MPlayer-1.0pre7try2/libvo/.  The start of the errors are:

vo_dga.c:206: syntax error before `*'
vo_dga.c:206: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
vo_dga.c: In function `flip_page':
vo_dga.c:345: `XDGAFlipRetrace' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c:345: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vo_dga.c:345: for each function it appears in.)
vo_dga.c: In function `uninit':
vo_dga.c:381: `XDGADevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c:381: `dgadevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c: In function `config':
vo_dga.c:535: `XDGAMode' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c:535: `modeline' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c:536: `XDGADevice' undeclared (first use in this function)
vo_dga.c:536: `dgadevice' undeclared (first use in this function)

There is a bit more but I am trying to be brief.

Any pointers you can offer would be much appreciated. :)

Sincerely,

Eric P.