Problem with graphics/cairo

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sat Mar 11 01:17:24 UTC 2006

The recent libtool change blew my 5.4 workstation up.  After trying for
days to get gnome working again (it locked up right after login), I finally
gave up and installed 6.0 fresh (the upgrade failed too.)

Now I'm reinstalling everything (grrr....), and the gnome install failed
trying to install graphics/cairo.  It's looking for libexpat.so.5, and the
system has libexpat.so.6.  (I made a symlink and the install completed
successfully.)

Just an FYI.  The maintainer probably needs to look at the port.  On a
fresh 6.0 install, the gnome2 install will fail because of that problem.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member