acroread7 problems

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 7 15:09:34 UTC 2006

[Cc:'d to freebsd-ports@ to disseminate this problem]

Danilo Augusto <daniloavl at terra.com.br> wrote
  in <1141735751.58221.7.camel at golf.sinprodf.org.br>:

da> Hi.
da> I use FreeBSD 5.5-PRERELEASE and on last friday I updated my acroread7
da> to acroread7-7.0.5_1,and now the acrobat reader doesn't print any file
da> or when I try to open a document it crashes.
da> The error message is the following:
da>
da> (acroread:59947): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
da> 'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme
da> was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
da> You can get a copy from:
da>         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases

 This is a warning, not an error message, and has nothing to do with
 the crash.  acroread7-7.0.5_1 has several serious problems and
 the printing feature does not work.  Please see the following mail
 I posted and downgrade to 7.0.1:

  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=233591+0+current/freebsd-ports

 Unfortunately I did not get the go-ahead from portmgr@, so 6.1R/5.5R
 are expected to include ports for Adobe Reader 7.0.5.