libtool compile error after libtool port upgrade

Mathias Monnerville mathias.monnerville at univ-paris4.fr
Mon Mar 6 02:48:33 PST 2006

Hello,

This is my first post in the list; I am not really sure I am posting in
the right mailing list thought my problems occured when libtool was
modified in the tree...

Since the last (big) libtool update (3 weeks ago) in the ports tree, all
of my projects using autotools do *not* compile anymore and break at
libtool compile time, exiting with a

"libtool: compile: cannot determine name of library object from `'"

error.

I am running 5.4-RELEASE-p12.

I found no help searching through the FreeBSD's lists.

It compiles right out of the box when running on a fresh 6.0 installed
system. They used to work perfectly on my 5.4 box until libtool was
upgraded :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mathias Monnerville.