FreeBSD Port: base-1.2.2

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sat Mar 4 21:20:38 PST 2006

--On March 4, 2006 2:57:38 PM -0500 "Jacob, Raymond A Jr"
<raymond.jacob at navy.mil> wrote:

> I installed the base port after running  cvsup  -g -L2 on
> standard-supfile and port-supfile files and installing perl.5.8.x and
> PCRE, apache_modssl, mysql_server from ports. After the install I found I
> had to:
> 1. install php4-session and  php4-mysql from ports;

This should not happen.  Please notify the port maintainer.  All
dependencies to a port should be installed for that port.

> 2. In order to display graphics I used the hint from
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=12390214
> that required a modification to the file php.ini.
> I did a find / -name 'php.ini*'; cd to the directory with the file
> php.ini-dist and copied php.ini-dist to php.ini. In the file, php.ini, I
> found the line include_path=".:/php/inludes" and appended
> ":/usr/local/share/pear" to that line.  The line now is
> include_path=".:/php/includes:/usr/local/share/pear"

Strange.  I've never had to do that for base and don't have that in my
php.ini file (with a working base) right now.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member