pr still open

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Mar 3 19:35:42 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 06:24:54PM -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 04:42:34PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> > Same for this one:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/93289
> >
> > It is an attempt to fix build failures, see
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/jb.quenot@caraldi.com.html
>
> Since we are concentrating on only fixing build failures on 5 and 6, we
> would probably not approve this one.

Actually in principle it should go in since the libc_r linkage also
incorrectly occurs on 5.x and 6.x, and yesterday I marked the ports
BROKEN for that reason.

I'm not immediately sure the fix is correct though, since it adds
${PTHREAD_LIBS} to all cc invocations and not necessarily just those
that previously contained -lc_r.  Someone will need to verify that the
patch DTRT.

Kris