Apache2: mod_proxy_http.so: Undefined symbol "ap_proxy_ssl_enable"

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Fri Jun 30 15:21:52 UTC 2006

I'm having the same problem today - found this post via Google.

Is this a bug on FreeBSD or ?

As far as I can tell, apache20 was compiled with the correct options:

    make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITHOUT_IPV6=yes WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
    WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes NO_WWWDATA=yes NO_ICONS=yes

and subsequently loaded correctly in the httpd.conf file:

    LoadModule mod_proxy_http libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so
    LoadModule mod_proxy libexec/apache2/mod_proxy.so

I even switched this, just in case, to be below the SSL module.  No luck.

_F