FreeBSD Port: pop3proxy-1.2

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu Jun 29 14:28:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:45:58AM +0200, Stefan Bletsch wrote:
> Here are the traces of ethereal.
> Client-IP: 192.168.49.63
> Proxy-IP: 172.16.2.1
> Pop3-Server-IP: 212.227.15.162
> Pop3-User : m35430440-41
> Please handle the userdatas confidential.
>
> In the trace-log proxy_to_pop3server you can see that there is an
> checksum error from the proxy to the server when he sent the delete
> signal. Maybe this is the reason, that the server won't delete the
> emails. In every message from the proxy to server via pop protocoll is a
> checksum error.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I don't see the attachment (possibly the mailing list software
doesn't pass along attachments to other list members, which is probably
a good thing), but something I want to point out:

If you're referring to IP checksums being wrong for *every packet*,
this is probably due to checksum offloading on wherever you ran the
Ethereal/pcap from.  There's an Ethereal FAQ entry about it.

If this isn't the case, disregard my comment altogether.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |