linux-opera start script

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jun 24 21:46:35 UTC 2006

Hey Andriy, please add my email in CC in the next time. I am maintaining
this port and I near have miss this thread.

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:24:24 -0500, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:49:33 +0300 Andriy Gapon wrote:
>
>> I am getting the following message, probably completely harmless,  when
>> I start linux-opera:
>
>> $ linux-opera
>> sh: error while loading shared libraries:
>> /usr/local/lib/compat/libtermcap.so.2: ELF file ABI version invalid
>
>> I see the following lines in linux-opera script:
>> # Make sure the compat libraries are found
>> test -d /usr/local/lib/compat/ &&
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib/compat/"
>
>> I am not sure why linux-opera would need /usr/local/lib/compat/, but
>> this is how LD_LIBRARY_PATH gets spammed.
>
> Seems I understand what is going on.
>
> It is a side effect of installing linux programms with FreeBSD
> environment. Install.sh script of linux-opera port has function
> guess_os() with:
> -----
>     os=`uname -s` || error 'uname'
>     case $os in
>         FreeBSD|NetBSD) os=AnyBSD;;
>         SunOS*) os=SunOS;;
>     esac
> -----
>
> Sure it's the FreeBSD. And later at this script has:
> -----
> case "${os}" in
>         AnyBSD|OpenBSD)
> wrapper_contain="${wrapper_contain}
>
> # Make sure the compat libraries are found
> test -d /usr/local/lib/compat/ &&
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\"\${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/loc
> al/lib/compat/\"
> "
>         ;;
> -----
>
> All is OK when Opera is installed as a native package/port. But not
> while installing it as a linux port. Upstream developers shouldn't be
> bothered by determining the TARGET_OS. ;-)

Thanks for check and report, I will create and commit a fix in linux-opera.

Cheers,
Mezz

> WBR

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org