keeping up with "gnu-libtool -> libtool15"

Tue Jun 20 08:34:02 UTC 2006

Quoting Csaba Henk <csaba-ml at creo.hu> (from Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:08:15 +0200):

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:16:30AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Csaba Henk <csaba-ml at creo.hu> (from Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:25:37
>> +0000 (UTC)):
>>
>> >  Running libtoolize...
>> >  Running autoreconf...
>> >  configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>> >        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
>> >        m4_pattern_allow.
>> >        See the Autoconf documentation.
>> >  autoreconf: /usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin/autoconf failed with exit
>> > status: 1
>> >
>> >How to get around this transparently?
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/98435
>
> My case is different from that in two respects.
>
> One is that I meet with this issue when using vanilla GNU autotools,
> while you speak about the FreeBSDized versions. That's not that a big

The current FreeBSD version of the autotools and libtool do not
contain FreeBSD specific features. So it should be possible to remove
the gnu one (I did test the effect of the PR with the cvs version of
LAME and the plain autotools we have currently).

> deal, the proposed workaround is easy to adopt:
>
>   echo /usr/local/share/aclocal > \
>     /usr/local/gnu-autotools/share/aclocal-1.9/dirlist
>
> (in fact, I did this before starting this thread).
>
> The second -- which finally defeats me -- is that you report
> an aclocal failure, while I see the error with autoconf.
>
> The dirlist thingy is aclocal specific, and doesn't seem to
> improve the situation with autoconf.

aclocal will generate a file in the development directory. This file
is used when autoconf runs. autoconf does not seem to use the m4 files
in share/aclocal directly.

Create the dirlist file, run aclocal and then autoconf. I expect that
it will work then.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~130 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen