latest portupgrade problem

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 19 10:29:12 UTC 2006

Jiawei Ye wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Sergey Matveychuk <sem at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> What driver was in the line:
>> [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:dbm_hash> in /var/db/pkg...]
>>                               ^^^^^^^^ here
>>
>> --
>> Dixi.
>> Sem.
> It has been dbm_hash for quite a while already. If the db was built
> with a 1.85 driver, changing the driver will result in rebuilding the
> db. But since I have not changed the driver for more than a month, it
> should not happen at all.

It should be bdb_btree if you built portupgrade WITH_BDB4 and bdb1_btree
otherwise. It should fall to dbm driver if they both failed. So looks
like bdb driver never works.

BTW. I'll make a new port portupgrade-devel and back out portupgrade
port back to 2.1.1 (most stable now and fixes all critical bugs)
version. But people should help me to test the new port.

--
Dixi.
Sem.