libtool's raison d'etre (Re: NOT installing the .la files)

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Fri Jun 16 17:10:16 UTC 2006

п'ятниця 16 червень 2006 11:22, Mark Linimon написав:
> When the new libtool regime came in, aDe ditched the patching of libtool.

Not installing the .la files things was -- as far as I understood -- the main
reason for devel/libtool* existence. What is it used for now -- why is it
better, than the libtool, that comes inside the vendor tarball? What am I
missing?

	-mi

> As far as I am concerned, this needs to end the discussion so we can go
> back to working on the harder problems.

Is mailing list moderation part of portmgr powers?