Google Earth for Linux works on FreeBSD

Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner lopisaur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:35:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 12:00 +0000, freebsd-ports-request at freebsd.org
wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:57:22 -0700
> From: Matthew Reimer <mreimer at vpop.net>
> Subject: Google Earth for Linux works on FreeBSD
> To: ports at freebsd.org
>
> Google Earth for linux was just announced. It works fine on my FreeBSD
> 6.1 +
> nvidia-driver system.
>
> Someone with ports-fu could make a lot of people happy.
>
> Matt

Could you tell me how you got it to run?
No matter what I do, I always get the same message:
setup.data/bin/FreeBSD/x86/setup.gtk2: error while loading shared
libraries: libxml2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
setup.data/bin/FreeBSD/x86/setup.gtk2: error while loading shared
libraries: libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
The setup program seems to have failed on x86

Fatal error, installer failed to run at all!

I symlinked to the libraries to see if that got it to run, but no dice.
Runnung on:
FreeBSD hellion.clcw 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Fri May 12
12:55:23 BOT 2006     root at hellion.clcw:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/20051212
i386

--
Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner