FreeBSD Port: net/quagga

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Sun Jun 11 01:16:25 UTC 2006

Doug Barton wrote:

>> Is there any way to tell the quagga.sh script when it's in
>> local/etc/rc.d to run at network setup instead of at the end?
>
> Yes, upgrade to 6.1 or 6-stable where this issue has been addressed.

Doug,

As simple as I am sure that solution sounds, most of the servers that
this issue covers for me have been in production for some time and will
continue to run 5.x (5.5) until the branch reaches it's end of life in
May 08.   I honestly can't justify spending time on a major version
update on all these servers (which are otherwise running just fine on a
*supported FreeBSD release*) based on "the startup script for $program
in ports no longer works as intended". :(

If this is "they way things are going to be" then I certainly request
that there be put in place some glue (like USE_RCORDER) so that those of
us that can't jump can still take advantage of those ports that require
priority startup functionality to function.

Just my .02.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"