portmaster

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 7 03:23:27 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 08:12 +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Jiawei Ye ha scritto:
> > One thing I like about the
> > portupgrade/portmanager style of managing ports make_args is that they
> > provide a very simple syntax for specifying per-port args.
> > '<portname>'=>'arg1 arg2.....' (portupgrade style)
> > <portname>|arg1 arg2 arg3| (portmanager style)
>
> Does portmaster implement a similar way to specify port knobs? From the
> features page I couldn't find anything related. If so, IMHO this is the
> only important missing feature of portmaster. Any plan to implement it
> (if I haven't missed something)?

It should not be portmaster specific. The error has been made with
portupgrade and portmanager. Please don't do it again.

I've proposed a somewhat hackish solution for this some weeks ago:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-May/031908.html

You might want to read next mails as well since I modified the script
after I got some bug reports.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org