portupgrade ideas page

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:24:32 PDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> If you use fetchindex, this is expected.  If you build the index
> yourself, but have your customizations in pkgtools.conf, it is also
> expected.  This is why you should use make.conf for your
> customizations.
>
> Kris
Hi Kris,

I *know* that there are limitations in the base tools or what to
expect. sysutil/portmanager can do this well enough (correct
dependancy), that's why I *wish* portupgrade could do this too. It's a
wishlist right?

If all customizations are to be done in make.conf, what is the point
of MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf? I merely beg to complete the circle,
not to point fingers at anyone.

Have a nice day,

Jiawei

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming