gettext's installation path and aclocal19's search path

Mon Jun 5 03:27:48 PDT 2006

Quoting Vasil Dimov <vd at freebsd.org> (Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:27:04 +0300):

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that devel/gettext is installing its .m4 files in
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/
>
> % pkg_info -L /var/db/pkg/gettext-0.14.5_2/ |grep gettext.m4
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/gettext.m4
>
> while aclocal19 (installed by devel/automake19) is searching for
> .m4 files in /usr/local/share/aclocal19/
>
> % aclocal19 --print-ac-dir
> /usr/local/share/aclocal19
>
> This is causing errors (undefined macro) with software using
> AM_GNU_GETTEXT and AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION in its configure.in file.
>
> So far I have found the following workaround:
> (beware! it may hurt your eyes)
>
> pre-configure:
> 	cd ${WRKSRC} && \
> 	${SETENV} ${AUTOTOOLS_ENV} \
> 	ACLOCAL="${ACLOCAL} -I ${LOCALBASE}/share/aclocal" \
> 	${AUTORECONF} -f -i -s
>
> The question is:
> Is this something local to the package or something in gettext/automake
> installation/configuration paths?

This is a problem in the port. I filed a PR and assigned it to Ade at
the weekend. The fix is to create /usr/local/share/aclocal19/dirlist
with one directory per line. I just added /usr/local/share/aclocal/ and
it works just fine.

I was not able to update the autotools stuff in LAME-CVS to the most
recent versions we have in the ports collection in the first place.
After fixing the problem with aclocal it was no problem anymore to get
a working configure script.

soon as the autotools ports are fixed.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen