php 5.1.4 crashes apache

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit jakob at grimstveit.no
Sun Jun 4 16:21:05 PDT 2006

pobox at verysmall.org wrote on Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:25:

> FreeBSD 5.4
> Apache 1.3.36
>
> php 5.1.4 built from ports crashes apache in a very strange way -
> 'apachectl start' reports that httpd has started, but it has not (i. e.
> 'stop' says that there is no such pid).
>
> portdowngrade to the last 5.1.2 solves the problem and everything builds
> perfectly.

You may try to experiement with commenting out (using ;) one line at a time
in /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini and see whether you can find the
offending extension by starting Apache till you "get it up". I have had
serious problems with php-mysql (mysql5) and php-imap (which I have never
been able to get to work) myself.

My system: FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE, Apache/2.0.58, PHP 5.1.4

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, <http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/>, 48298152
Besøk Newsergalleriet: <http://www.newsergalleriet.no/>

Some programming languages manage to absorb change but withstand progress.