PR ports/76915 fell through the cracks?

PauAmma pauamma at gundo.com
Thu Jun 1 00:56:01 PDT 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> 1. You add a quite bulk of code that just warn user.
> 2. You add running of a few utilities to check it. It increase time on
> deinstalling and people who newer mount /var as noexec (the most I
> guess) will unhappy.

Hmm, true. Would it help if I moved it to its own target and made that
target conditional? (perhaps on a variable defined in /etc/make.conf)

Something like:

.if defined(CHECK_NOEXEC_VAR_IN_DEINSTALL)
deinstall-check-noexec-var:
 	# Fail with message if var is mounted noexec,
 	# using something like my patch
.else
deinstall-check-noexec-var:
 	# Skip the check
.endif

and make deinstall depend on that, or perhaps use it recursively.

That way, it wouldn't hurt people who don't need, want, or care for it.
(It would still do nothing for your point 1, but I can't think of a way to
make it shorter and still do what it's meant to.)