mmap error (?) when building clisp-2.38 in freebsd-6.1-release for amd64

Alejandro Pulver alepulver at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 31 03:20:59 UTC 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:07:10 +0530
"Gautham Ganapathy" <gauthamglist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/30/06, Alejandro Pulver <alepulver at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:24:54 +0530
> > Gautham Ganapathy <gauthamglist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > 3. However, the third error is beyond me.
> > >
> > > ./lisp.run -B . -N locale -Efile UTF-8 -Eterminal UTF-8 -Emisc 1:1 -norc
> > > -m 1400KW -x "(and (load \"init.lisp\") (sys::%saveinitmem) (ext::exit))
> > > (ext::exit t)"
> > > Cannot map memory to address 0x4000000000000 .
> > > [spvw_mmap.d:359] errno = EINVAL: Invalid argument.
> > > ./lisp.run: Not enough memory for Lisp.
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >

> > Hello.
> >
> > I think you are using an old version of the lang/clisp port (current
> > one is clisp-2.38_1, where building on amd64 was fixed).
> >
> > Could you please update your ports and try again?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Ale
> >

> Hi
>
> How should I update this port? Would it be possible to update just this port
> without modifying the rest of the ports?
>
> Regards
> Gautham

Hello.

To update that port only you have to download the port from
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ (search for 'clisp' and press the
'Download' button). Then delete /usr/ports/lang/clisp recursively and
extract the downloaded tarball there. Like (as root):

# tar zxf clisp.tar.gz -C /usr/ports/lang

However it's recommended that you update your whole ports tree as some
ports require new versions of others (so basically they may work or
not). To update the whole ports tree you can use CVSup or portsnap:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

It also describes how to update the installed ports.

Best Regards,
Ale