graphics/png - CC

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Sat Jul 29 21:02:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 03:54:44PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >It will be hack for reason unknown, I prefer to avoid that.
>
> It is not a hack and it is known reason that you need to honor CC.

It is not a reason, it is a goal. The reason is the bug true nature
discovered.

> >I normally set CC to anything and it honors.
>
> How did you set? The graphics/png doesn't honor it when you add CC=foobar
> in make.conf or graphics/png/Makefile.

/usr/ports/graphics/png ttyp2 73_# setenv CC "gcc -g"
/usr/ports/graphics/png ttyp2 74_# make
===>  Extracting for png-1.2.12_1
=> MD5 Checksum OK for libpng-1.2.12.tar.bz2.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for libpng-1.2.12.tar.bz2.
===>  Patching for png-1.2.12_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for png-1.2.12_1
===>  Configuring for png-1.2.12_1
===>  Building for png-1.2.12_1
gcc -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium4 -march=pentium4  -c png.c
^^^^^^
gcc -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium4 -march=pentium4  -c pngset.c
gcc -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium4 -march=pentium4  -c pngget.c
gcc -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=pentium4 -march=pentium4  -c pngrutil.c
^C

> >You should inspect your build path step by step to find real reason of
> >that bag, only after that we can find the real fix.
>
> I already have gave you a solution. If you don't like it then it's your
> job to figure another solution as you are maintaining for this port.

Solution for what? You don't describe where the bug is exactly.
Since I can't reproduce this situation on my machine, I can only relay
upon your inspecting to maintain this port in this matter.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/