Any success with bacula and DVD

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Fri Jul 28 13:32:16 UTC 2006

Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:11:11 -0700 (PDT)
> george+freebsd at m5p.com mentioned:
>
>> Is anybody successfully using bacula with DVD?  When I install the
>> bacula-server port, it cannot pass even the trivial
>> "btape FileStorage/temp" test, let alone trying to write to DVD.
>> Advice cheerfully accepted!                      -- George Mitchell

bacula has been working great for me writing out to disk.  i wouldnt
bother pursuing the DVD thing until you get the basic tests working.
what errors are you seeing? did you verify your passwords are correct in
the config files? I had to change things around a little in mine to get
things working, but its been rock solid for over a month now.

Check out the bacula home page for details on how to verify the password
setup. its well documented.

Eric