graphics/linux-dri on 4.11

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Fri Jul 7 18:34:07 UTC 2006

> The policy is that we no longer require committers to make
> sure things work on 4.X before they commit.  To the extent
> that people send patches, things will keep running.

Well this is a kind of internal-to-ports thing that needs a
small change, not really a "fix linux-dri" thing. It could happen
with plenty of packages, so who deals with that?

> The security team support for RELENG_4 is currently scheduled
> to end on 20070131.  After that point, ports support on 4 is
> going to be especially problematic; I am currently trying to
> determine _exactly_ how bad the bitrot on 4 is.  It's worse
> than people think.

It's terrible. Nothing works properly day-to-day, but we manage
to survive. I curse the day I decided I would leave this server
at 4.9.

> Anyone running a desktop needs to be on 6.1 or RELENG_6 now,
> unless they are one of the few people affected by one of the
> bugs, or for some reason are staying on 5.5 for now.

Ah well. Good luck :)

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations