make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily unavailable

真主 - Mathieu Jobin mathieu at avantech-e.co.jp
Mon Jul 3 07:34:39 UTC 2006

 > No, that's just a NOP.
 > If anyone can still reproduce this please tell us how.
 >
 > Kris

its unclear but I get this message very often when installing a
package from the ports tree. ruby18_static for example, just happened.

basically this step....

===>   Registering installation for ruby_static-1.8.4,1

takes forever and finally errors out with

make: Max recursion level (500) exceeded.: Resource temporarily
unavailable

i've seen the same thing very often with various package since I
installed 6.1
I never upgraded the port tree. got the one shipped with 6.1

thanks